4.1 C
New York
Saturday, February 24, 2024

Buy now

spot_img

Austrian Red Bull Heir Mark Mateschitz Cashed In A €582 Million Dividend!

As per a recent report by Bloomberg, Mark Mateschitz, the 31-year-old Austrian billionaire and inheritor of the Red Bull empire, has received a substantial shareholder payout of $615 million from Red Bull GmbH, the Austrian holding company overseeing the extensive network of Red Bull companies. This notable payment signifies his first since taking over the reins of the energy drink giant from his late father, Dietrich Mateschitz, last year.

The Red Bull Dividend

The distribution of this payout stems from Red Bull‘s decision to allocate half of its impressive $1.6 billion profit from the previous year among its shareholders. Mark Mateschitz‘s substantial ownership stake of 49% in the company through his holding entity, Distribution & Marketing GmbH, qualified him for a substantial share of €383 million from this payout. The remaining 51% is under the ownership of the Yoovidhya family in Thailand.

In addition to the €383 million share, Mark Mateschitz received an additional €199 million, in line with a long-standing company tradition that grants an extra payment to its Austrian owner. This combined to create a total dividend of €582 million ($615 million) for him.

It’s noteworthy that this dividend marks the lowest in three years, following the record payment of $865 million made to Dietrich Mateschitz in the year prior to his passing.

The Young Billionaire

Forbes estimates Mark Mateschitz‘s net worth at an impressive $34.4 billion, positioning him at No. 35 on Forbes’ real-time billionaires list. At just 31 years of age, he not only ranks as one of the world’s youngest billionaires but also claims the title of Europe’s wealthiest millennial. His acquisition of a 49% stake in Red Bull from his father last year has significantly contributed to his wealth.

Red Bull continues to assert its global dominance, with an astounding 11.6 billion cans of its energy drink sold in the previous year, resulting in revenue totaling $10.53 billion. The company’s influence extends across various sports, including soccer, Formula 1 racing, and extreme sports, such as motocross, skateboarding, and snowboarding.

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles