31.8 C
New York
Monday, June 24, 2024

Buy now

spot_img

Strictly’S Giovanni Pernice Denies ‘Abusive Behaviour’ Towards Amanda Abbington And Vows To Clear Name

Strictly Come Dancing professional Giovanni Pernice has ‘rejected any suggestion of abusive behaviour‘ amid claims his former partner Amanda Abbington was left ‘bullied’ during training. Strictly’s Giovanni Pernice has issued a vehement denial over allegations he was “threatening or abusive” during his training sessions with Amanda Abbington and has vowed to “clear his name.”

Actress Amanda took part in the 2023 series of the BBC dance competition, yet called her time on the show short citing ‘medical reasons’. However, Amanda later opened up about her experience on the program and claimed it had left her with post-traumatic stress disorder. She has reportedly told pals she felt Giovanni was “abrasive” with her while training.

Earlier this year, it was reported that Amanda had demanded to see behind-the-scenes footage of their time training together. The BBC is now reportedly investigating Giovanni after three of his former partners are said to have instructed lawyers. The corporation is said to be “evidence gathering.”Giovanni is facing rumours he has quit the dance competition after nine years on the show after a leaked internal memo failed to feature his name among this year’s roster of professional dancers.

The dancer has issued a statement “rejecting any suggestion of abusive or threatening behaviour” via his Instagram account. It read: “To my dear fans, You will be as surprised as I am that allegations have been made about my dance teaching methods in the media this week. Of course, I reject any suggestion of abusive or threatening behaviour, and I look forward to clearing my name. Those who have followed my journey on Strictly Come Dancing over the last decade will know that I am passionate and competitive. No-one is more ambitious for my dance partners than me. I have always striven to help them be the very best dancers they can be. This has always come from a place of love and wanting to win – for me and my dance partners. Thank you all once again for your continued love and support! Giovanni.

In a separate statement to The Sun, Giovanni added that it has “come from a place of love and wanting to win.” However, a source told The Sun that Amanda had a “terrible time” with Giovanni and felt that his behaviour was “bullying and abrasive.”

The source claimed Amanda would be “in tears” as their communication broke down and shared how she “tried every avenue to try and make it work”. It has been claimed “crisis talks” would happen every Friday following their rehearsal footage being seen by producers. “She desperately wanted it to work, but invariably it would break down,” they said. “An urgent medical condition eventually allowed her to quit.”

While details of the 2024 edition of Strictly Come Dancing have yet to be revealed, Giovanni is known to have had talks with the Beeb over his return to the series, with one source stating at the time the BBC was “welcoming him back with open arms.” However, his name is reportedly missing from a leaked internal memo. In a statement shared with the Mirror, a BBC spokesperson said: “The Professional Dancers for Strictly Come Dancing 2024 will be announced in due course.”

Following the news of his “exit,” a source stated the dancer felt “now is the time to make a fresh start” as it was revealed he’d be focusing on other projects away from Strictly. Back in April, it was claimed Giovanni was making a return to the dancefloor as he had the BBC’s backing. Amanda shared a cryptic post on social media, which an insider later claimed was her way of warning bosses. She shared: “Make people feel embarrassed of being associated with misogynists. Make misogyny unprofitable for anyone to pursue. Deprive misogyny of the oxygen it needs to survive.”

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles